Veteran kwaito artist, Mjokes has released his new single, Phanse Nge Ndlondlo, as an indirect way of dispelling claims of his death that have previously been reported.
Mjokes took to Instagram on Friday, 14 May 2021, to confirm the release of his debut single of the year, Phanse Nge Ndlondlo. The significance of the single is that it not only marks his return to releasing music since his 2020 single, Dikatareng, it also dispels the unfounded speculation of his death.
Through the release, the Kalawa Jazzmee musician highlights that despite stepping away from the mainstream entertainment industry, he is still well aware of the current social ills. The song tackles gender-based violence and femicide (GBVF), which has been a matter of concern in the country in recent months.
According to a statement issued on the day of the single’s release, “iNdlondlo, in township colloquial, means aggression and on Phanse Nge Ndlondlo, Mjokes discourages violence against women and children.” Adding, “Phanse Nge Ndlondlo is a song dedicated to all the men in our country who don’t treat the women in their lives fairly, he uses the song to encourage fellow men to be kinder to women. The song was inspired by the late Mr Kori Moraba.”
- Magistrate rejects State’s attempts to postpone Bathabile Dlamini’s trial until ‘sometime next year
- The last Carpet Sunday Connie Ferguson shared
- Tesla stops updating its latest version of the FSD beta, what happened?
- Imprisonment for a Dutchman who sold billions of login details
- PAK Vs SA, T20 World Cup 2021: South Africa Beat Pakistan By 6 Wickets – Highlights